Sunday, August 17, 2008

Rainy Car Wash

My car has been through a bit of trauma in the last few days, so this afternoon when my younger sister asked me if I wanted to wash my car with her I figured it was a pretty good idea. We started out on the right track with our bucket full of soapy water, a few rags, a brush to clean my wheels, and the hose. Even the weather seemed like it was going to cooperate with us as we started working. Then, after we had finished up the passenger side of the car it started to drizzle. A few moments later it started to rain a tad harder. By that time I felt like we might as well finish the job since the car would look better once we were done even if it did keep on raining.



My car. Clean but still wet from the rain.


Throughout the rest of the job I could not help but think about how so much of life is just like that car wash. Often times I find myself working toward a goal for a long time only to take a step back and feel like my work was all for nothing. I've had this expereince with things as big as sin issues in my life to as small as studying for a quiz in a class. In the end things usually tend to work out if I persevere though. I'm so thankful that I serve a God who is able to break through my feelings of inadequacy, and I know that with Him life does not have to be like washing a car in the rain.

No comments: