Wednesday, April 11, 2012

1/4 of the way to being done

I thought I would update this since I'm 1/4 of the way through the year. So far, I'm making progress in some areas but not in others. Typical, but I thought I would share the details anyway.

Career:

Oso Simple Tech:

Close funding round. - This is happening in the next 30 days! Woo!

Sell 1st set of final units. - A little bit further off. Starting beta test this month.

Figure out a viable exit strategy. - No progress so far.

UIUC:

Publish a paper. - Data is coming along nicely. No figures finished yet, but getting close.

Attend a conference. - Tied to the goal above.

General:

Network with someone new each month. - This has been easy. I've probably met 40+ new people in the past 3 months.

Write a 5 year career plan. - Need to work on this.

Financial:

Complete baby steps 2 and 3. - Done with #2!!! #3 should be finished by the end of the summer.

Spiritual:

30 minute quiet time each day. - Not being consistant on this one. I need to re-commit to this instead of reading news in the mornings.

Read through the bible in one year. - See above..

Physical:

Run a 5k. - Not happening this semester. Maybe by end of summer?

Lose 20 lbs. - Total weight loss so far = 3 lbs.

Intellectual:

Learn how to program in Objective C.- This is changing to Python, JavaScript and some web tools. Good progress so far. Wrote some simple programs for a job I had last week. Felt good.

Complete 1 personal electronics project each quarter. - I did not do one last quarter. Need to plan out other three soon.

Read 3 books per month. - I've only read 4 books so far this year. Picking up the pace once the semester ends.

Maintain a 3.6 GPA in grad school. - Won't know till May. Looks good so far.

Family:

Go on one date per week with my wife. - Check!

Attend younger brother's graduation in May. - Tickets already purchased!

Bring my younger sister to Illinois for a visit. - In the works.

Social:

Call or email at least one long distance friend each week. - I've probably done one of these every two weeks.

Don't eat lunch alone. - About 75-80% of my lunches are booked each month. Good enough for now.



All in all not the best progress, but I'm sticking to my guns on some things, so I'm pretty happy about it so far. Looking forward to seeing where I go from here.

No comments: